Edmonton Nearby Communities and Attractions: Leduc
[ Back to map of Edmonton area towns ]
Leduc was named after a Roman Catholic priest, Rev. H. Leduc, who served the Edmonton area a century ago. Leduc's 14,000 residents live 5 kilometres south of Edmonton, just east of both Highway 2 and the Edmonton International Airport. Leduc began as both a farming community and a railway town. The Leduc name was first given the telegraph station established in Leduc in 1890. The town now has two aquatic centres, a world-class curling facility and several parks and recreational areas, including Telford Lake.
Annual Events include the Leduc Black Gold Rodeo & Exhibition (early May), West Antique Society Exposition (end of July).
FoundLocally's Business listings for Leduc