Edmonton Visitor Tips, information, listings and links
One Day Stay
Here are suggestions for your first day in Edmonton, to capture the essence of this city:
- Spend a day at West Edmonton Mall. There mall has lots of shopping, waterslides, an ice skating rink, an amusement park and several movie theatres.
- Visit the Provincial Museum to discover secrets of the past.
- If you have children with you, visit the Valley Zoo to see more than 300 species of animals.
- Whyte Avenue is a great place to spend the day. There are lots of gift and antique shops along the avenue as well as cozy little cafes.
- The Strathcona Farmer's Market always has fresh produce and all kinds of little arts and crafts made by Edmonton homemakers.
Two Day Stay
Here are suggestions for a second day in Edmonton:
- Join the hundreds of thousands of Edmontonians who love to take in festivals. Edmonton is considered Canada's city of festival.
- Take a walk in the river valley. The North Saskatchewan River Valley is the longest expanse of urban parkland in North America.
- The Muttart Conservatory is always a treat. During a visit you'll explore a jungle, desert, forest and flower paradise.
- Take in an IMAX film at the Edmonton Odyssium. The Odyssium is home to Western Canada's largest planetarium.
If you are spending more time, explore the Travel part of our web sit for more
information about the city's attractions!